Follicular Unit Transplantation
WHAT IS FUT?
The FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation)
Process involves removing a small strip of tissue from the back of the head, from which the donor hair follicles will be extracted. The hair follicles are harvested from the strip by a skilled clinical team before being individually transplanted to the recipient areas. FUT is a very sophisticated procedure. It requires expertise to remove the skin strip without transecting follicles at the wound edges and close the wound in a way that causes minimal scarring.
The graft dissection techniquerequires extensive training for years to master.
ADVANTAGES OF FUT
- Large amount of graft are harvested about 4000 in single sitting
- Minimal wastage of hair follicles
- High survival of transplanted grafts
- Minimizes the donor area
- wound related complication
- Linear scar appears on the back of the head
Duration: 6 to 8 hours
Hospital stay: daycare procedure
Back to work: after 4 to 5 days
Post-operative care: for 14 days