skin whitening treatment
Skin whitening injection has two main compounds i.e. Vitamin C and glutathione. Vitamin C is an essential antioxidant that enhances and stabilizes collagen and elastin production in the skin. Glutathione is an antioxidant that is naturally synthesized in the body. It has melanin suppressive effect leading to skin fairness in few months .Liver uses it for breaking down body toxin. When both compounds start working in the skin and liver then patient get a smooth, glowing and white skin. This injection also boosts up body energy and immunity system since it detoxifies skin and body. Although exact mechanism is still unclear.
ADVANTAGES OF SKIN WHITENING INJECTIONS
- Gives the skin a brilliant glow.
- Refines the pores.
- Makes the skin softer and more moisturized.
- Prevents development of skin pigmentation
- Slows the aging process.
- Strengthens the immune system.
These injection are given slowly through intravenous route. Results start showing after 4 to 6 weeks of use which stay for considerable period of time. One to two weekly injections are given for 3 months. Number of total injections varies from 12 to 20 depending upon body weight &colour.
- For mantainence one injection glutathione after every 3 months or glutathione pills needed to be used.
RESULTS OF WHITENING INJECTION
- Good results are expected in 50 To 70% of population. 25 to 30% of population achieves little or no benefit from these injections.
HOW TO AVOID SIDE EFFECTS OF GLUTATHIONE INJECTIONS
Talk to your doctor about the safety of glutathione skin whitening injections.
- Go through a skin test first before the actual injection to check for allergic reactions.
- Only use new and sterile injections.
- Use only as advised by the experts.
- Do not use if you Regular blood tests are required before surgery. These blood tests are repeated at 6 weeks & 3 months (Commonly performed tests are CBC, LFTS ,and UCE)
WHO IS NOT GOOD CANDIDATE OF SKIN WHITENING?
It is good to know that people who are sick and have liver or kidney problem are not the good candidate for this treatment. Women shouldn’t use it during pregnancy and breast feeding. It is not good for asthma patients. Cancer patients must avoid it during chemotherapy.
- Serious allergic reaction all over the body.
- Ineffective treatment.
- Liver& kidney damage after long term use.
CHOOSING A QUALIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON
Skin whitening injection is one of a simple procedure, but excellent results require a skilled approach that can only come from specialized training and experience. You need to choose a trained and licensed plastic surgeon that can perform the procedure safely and achieve the results you desire.